- Joelinne was born on September 17, 1990 to Danielle Raoul (Colette's mother. Colette is two years older than Joelinne) as a result of rape.
- Joelinne's father is Mallory Joliet, who also fathered Horst 20 years earlier.
- Joelinne was diagnosed with bipolar disorder at the age of four.
- He's generally loud, rude, opinionated, intrusive, flighty, compulsive, crafty, and angry.
- He never met his father. Mallory was considered to be one of the most wanted criminals in Paris, and Joelinne unknowingly followed directly in his footsteps. Hate, evil, and murder are in the bloodline. (Horst is the only one who never ended up this way.)
- From the time he was a young child, Joelinne had an impulse to destroy and kill.
- He does have a good side, but it takes a lot to coax it out of him. He has quick comedic wit and a dry, sarcastic sense of humor, a contagious laugh, and despite the lifestyle he lives, he is quite intelligent.
- He battled with depression for most of his life, but never took prescribed medication for it.
- His mother died when he was only 14, leaving him completely alone with no family. He ended up on the street and lived there the rest of his life.
- He attempted to find work around this time and actually ended up as a janitor/garbage boy at Gusteau's. His recklessness eventually got him fired from the job, after which he was replaced by Alfredo. (He never figured out he was related to Colette or Horst while he was working there.)
- He eventually resorts to taking heavy drugs, more so during stages of deep depression.
- He has been arrested on multiple occasions for everything from petty thieving to full-out murders. Only once did he break out of jail.
- He finds out about his brother in mid-2009, and the two met up and instantly connected.
- Joelinne dies from a drug overdose in an act of suicide on September 5, 2009, roughly a week before his 19th birthday. (The culprit was methamphetamine, specifically.) If it weren't for meeting Horst, there would have been no one in his life to give him a proper burial.
- (random extra) If he had lived and put aside his reckless lifestyle, Joelinne would have ended up becoming a concert pianist.
so yeah, that's Joelinne. I feel like I've explained most of this before, but it doesn't hurt to make it clear again for new watchers and whatnot.
also I've been trying to draw that particular picture on the bottom for months now and finally got it.
please do me a favor and watch this video because it is literally Joelinne.
Wow it's kinda sad that it wasn't the cops or crooks that did him in the end, but the drugs.
Also kinda poignant knowing that the same fingers that picked people's pockets and pulled a gun's trigger could've been put to more beautiful and fruitful use on ivory keys.
As I always say, you have a penchant for dramatic storylines and characters. Do you watch like, crime movies or read detective thrillers or somethin? Haha pretty cool story, though, it's interesting how linguini, Horst and joelinne's lives are all intertwined.
Is he left-handed? I notice his supporting arm is his right.
I intend to do an actual piece of fiction relating to this story and how Horst and Joelinne meet each other. Right now I'm hung up on how to have them find out they're related, however. I want to present it in a way that's realistic, yet not linger on that detail for very long, though it's important. (I mean, there's got to be a lot of mixed feelings over finding out that you have a half sibling who is twenty years younger than you, and on the other end, learning that your father was a sick rapist who was 45 when you were born.) I want to move right in to the story line of the two getting to know each other, and Horst's attempts to "save" Joelinne.
I honestly don't watch any of those kind of shows. Anything with any measure of blood in it is far too much for me. I have the weakest stomach in the world. :'D sometimes even hearing things being described in relation to an accident or medical procedure can send me over the edge. I learn a lot from what I do happen to catch on the TV or the news, or by reading internet articles and such. Most of these ideas just spring from my own mind.
Interesting you mentioned the left-handed thing - I never put any thought into that. I often find out even more things about my characters when I draw them, and it looks like I just found another thing about Joelinne I didn't even know. C: thanks for pointing that out! (I think deep, but honestly don't think that much into things when I'm drawing xD)
I always loved the bittersweet, somewhat romantic aspect of Joelinne having a talent and a future that he'd never discover or live out. Kind of makes you think about people who take their lives every single day - how many of those people had futures brighter and bigger than they could have ever imagined? Yet they were gone too soon, and will never fulfill those dreams or destinies.
Sorry for such a long reply. You usually give me a lot to talk about in reply to the things you write, which is good!
fdjgkdlfh I've had this message in my inbox for several days because every time I see it I feel so happy ;o; it's so nice to know that I have a style that's distinct and recognizable. it's taken a while for me to get there! :') thanks SO much again!!!
acceptable to call
me a slut.I need
okay for a guy to
slap my butt.I need
own fault if a man
rapes me.I need
Equipment I - Basic
Equipment II -
You should go grab
your tools now,
because the nex...
Hello everyone. As
thanks for helping
me hit 1,500
Watchers I am going
to give away 100
points to 3
thank you all so
much :) Oh and
another thanks for
suggestions on what
to do for future art
challenges, I really
like a lot of them
and will soon make a
list to show which I
Hello! How are you
tonight? ^0 ^I am
going to draw 1
chibi for free!The
style is shown below
the steps below to
;Only comments in
this journal are
enter if you would
allow me to post...
It's that time
again! You know what
time it is!IT'S ART
RAFFLE TIME! OvOArt
it's been a LONG
WHILE since the last
time we did this!
And I since I
decided to stop
this is pretty much
the only way you can
get get art from me.
OvO And I haven't
been very active...
Lilyas has dedicated herself to making our community a brighter place with her vibrant artwork and infectious enthusiasm for interacting with others in our community. It has certainly paid off, as many deviants flock to her page on a daily basis to let her know how much of an inspiration she is. We absolutely agree, and couldn't let all that hard work go without recognition, so it's with great pride that we bestow the Deviousness Award for March 2014, to ... Read More